A parent or guardian must create an account below with Fueling Education before their child may enter the challenge. Parents must submit their first and last name, an email address, their student’s first and last name, and create a username for the account. If a child is entering the challenge as part of a team, only the parent of the student team lead should create an account below. Parents of additional teammates will also need to sign the team member consent form here.
Thank you for your interest in registering your child for participation in the CITGO Fueling Education Student Challenge, a national contest for students in Grades 5–8 designed to encourage exploration, understanding, and communication ("Contest").
To participate in the Contest, your child must create a Video based on his/her own original idea that addresses the challenge outlined in the contest entry information. The contents of the Video are up to your child, but it may contain your child's likeness, image, voice, or other identifiable features.
The judges will consider the creativity, STEM knowledge, effective communication, and overall presentation of your child’s Video. For information on the prizes to be awarded and the complete details of the Contest, please see the Official Rules and entry form for the Contest.
In order for Discovery Education to accept your child's entry into this Contest, you must agree to the terms of this Consent Form by providing us with your electronic signature. To do this, simply type your name in the fields below to indicate that you agree to the terms of this Consent Form and the Official Rules, and that you understand that you and your child will be bound by this Consent Form and the Official Rules. After typing your name in the fields, create a username and password, and click the "SUBMIT" button below. The form will then be automatically sent to Discovery Education.
If your child is entering the challenge as part of a team, only the parent of the student team lead will create an account on this page. Parents of additional teammates will need to sign the team member consent form here.
YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT.
By providing the requested information and clicking the “SUBMIT” button below, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
(1) You, as parent or legal guardian of the student named below, have read and understand this Consent Form and hereby permit your child to participate in the Contest. Further, you and your child agree to be bound by the Official Rules of the Contest and the terms of this Consent Form. In the event of any conflict between the Official Rules of the Contest and the terms of this Consent Form, the Official Rules of the Contest shall prevail.
(3) You understand that, in order for your child to participate in this Contest, he or she must submit a Video based on his/her own original idea that addresses the challenge outlined in the Contest entry information ("Video"). The Video may include your child's likeness, image, voice, persona, or other identifiable features. You grant Discovery Education the right to reproduce, modify, translate, or adapt the Video. You and your child understand and agree that Discovery Education may edit for brevity or truncate your child's Video and that you will not have approval over the editing process and will have no input or control over any such edits.
(4) You and your child further grant to Discovery Education and CITGO the permission to publish and display your child's Video, or excerpts or portions of his or her Video, on their external web sites and social media sites, so that they may be viewed by the public in correlation with this Contest.
(5) You understand that you and your child are granting Discovery Education and CITGO all rights of reproduction and use of the entry and Video and the content therein for any purpose whatsoever without compensation or further permission, including but not limited to an irrevocable and perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license, in all media (now known or later developed) to assign, use, publish, perform, edit, adapt, modify, alter, reproduce, distribute, broadcast, display, or create derivative works of the Video and any other submitted materials, or otherwise exploit entries, for commercial or non-commercial use, without compensation or further permission. You and your child understand and agree that neither you nor your child will have any right of approval, claim to any compensation, or claim arising out of the use, alteration, distortion, or illusionary effect or use in any composite form of your child's Video and of the content therein. You and your child understand and agree to waive any moral rights of authors or any similar rights.
(6) You hereby release and discharge Discovery Education, CITGO, their officers and directors, employees, agents, affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, and promotional suppliers ("Released Parties"), from any claims, actions or demands arising out of the Contest including but not limited to the Released Parties' use of the Video, Personal Data or from your child’s receipt of any prize if selected as a winner. You further agree that no action will be taken by or on behalf of you or your child with respect to the rights described herein, it being understood that this release shall be binding upon you/your child and the Released Parties.